Are you the go-to person for Levven’s hardware team?
At Levven, we:
- Do what we say we are going to do
- Innovate all-ways, featuring simplicity
- Take action
- Go together
Levven is a growing company looking for committed, driven, team-focused, creative thinkers. Help us achieve our vision of bringing intelligent buildings to everyone.
In this position you will report to the Embedded Systems Team Lead and design electronics hardware products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Designing and building the Levven embedded IoT platform including hardware, firmware, and software.
- Providing thought leadership on privacy, security, API design, and scalability.
- Leading code reviews.
- Owning the architecture of all early-stage hardware and firmware.
- Understanding how business needs mesh with the creative process.
- Researching, owning, and delivering solutions.
- Leading the team in design patterns and best practices.
- Assessing business needs and in turn deriving ways to improve velocity and quality.
- Navigating several conflicting simultaneous business and technical constraints.
- Working with IoT transport protocols and APIs.
- Using git, branching, pull request, code review, trunk-based development.
- Project planning, requirements gathering, and specification development.
- Specifying and developing state machines, sequence diagrams, and Markdown wiki documentation.
- Developing internal tools with C/C++ and C#.
- Publishing whitepapers and participating in product field trials.
- Using design-for-manufacture and design-for-test thinking.
- Fabricating prototypes, performing design verification, testing, and sourcing where appropriate.
- Designing and fabricating test automation and bed-of-nails for volume manufacturing.
- Using ARM Cortex-M and Cortex-A architectures.
- Using serial protocols like SPI, I2C, I2S, UART, RS-232
- Using Altium Designer.
- Using wireless communication including 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 802.15.4, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
- Understanding residential and commercial electrical lighting.
- Understanding DC-DC and AC-DC power supplies.
- Writing code in embedded C, C++, ARM/Thumb assembly, and using FreeRTOS.
- Using regression and unit testing methodologies.
- Using single-step debugging.
- Using good test methodology, the scientific method, and test reporting.
- Using Altium Designer, Eclipse, Visual Studio, VSCode, GNU C/C++, and make.
- Supporting customers through phone, email, and site visits.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- 8+ years of embedded systems engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- A keen interest or passion for smart home and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Excellent problem-solving skills as it relates to firmware development.
- Excellent test methodology and problem solving skills.
- An attitude driven by getting things done, on time.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with wireless protocols.
- Experience with home electrical system and mains wiring.
- Experience with extremely low power electronics and firmware development.
- Experience in event-driven systems.
- Experience in other languages or industries.
- Experience in TDD (test driven development).
- Knowledge of distributed systems.
- Knowledge of concurrency primitives and concurrent programming.
- We care about our team.
- We give you the tools you need to be successful.
- You get a high-end laptop, extra monitors, keyboards, mice, and the best software.
- A friendly atmosphere.
- Group health benefits package.
- Discounts on our products.
- Regular social activities – we invite your suggestions!
- We pay at the top of market for top-performing talent.
- $92,000 to $138,000 annually, scaled to experience and skill set.
- 3 weeks of vacation.
Tired of the high cost of living in your current location? Come to Edmonton and help Levven change the world.
We cover the cost of relocating to Edmonton.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume. Thank you for your interest!