At Levven, we:
- Do what we say we are going to do
- Innovate all-ways, featuring simplicity
- Take action
- Go together
WHAT WE DO
At Levven, our core focus is to make intelligent buildings available for everyone. You will be involved in creating new technology from the ground up, integrating the whole stack from smart home devices up to our backend services deployed in AWS.
If you are keen on IoT, distributed systems, and backend development – you will fit right in.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Writing code for a Linux server environment.
- Designing and building the Levven IoT cloud software platform.
- Developing applications with Go, Python, and Node.js.
- Using Amazon AWS and Ansible to deploy backend distributed systems.
- Working with IoT transport protocols like JSON RPC, REST, HTTPS, WebSockets, and TLS.
- Providing thought leadership on privacy, security, API design, and scalability.
- Meshing business needs with the creative process.
- Deriving ways to improve velocity and quality.
- Researching, planning, and delivering solutions.
- Using X.509 certificates and chain of trust.
- Using telemetry and object model data in SQL, NoSQL, JSON, or blob storage.
- Developing solutions for warm and cold storage, backups, and recovery.
- Using git, branching, pull requests, and the GitHub code review process.
- Mentoring junior software developers.
- Specialist in a few or multiple technical fields
- Participates in short term business planning
- Makes independent decisions for portions of and occasionally entire projects
- Finds economical solutions to business problems
- Makes decisions that impact the R&D department
- Makes recommendations and decisions for several large independent projects
- Travels occasionally to customer sites when crisis arise
- Participates in “all hands on deck” execution during crisis
- Handles medium levels of business and technical stress with grace
- Mentors junior staff in technical topics
- Participates in outreach efforts in the community related to software, technology, and Levven’s brand
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computing Science.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent expiremental thinking skills.
- Experience building, delivering, and operating web applications.
- Experience in Ops or DevOps
- Experience using a Linux server environment.
- Experience delivering large-scale systems and building scalable architectures.
- A keen interest or passion for smart home and Internet of Things (IoT).
- An attitude driven by getting things done, on time.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with other programming languages.
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with TDD (test driven development).
- Experience with event driven systems.
- Experience with Ansible playbooks.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with concurrency primitives and concurrent programming.
- We care about our team.
- We give you the tools you need to be successful.
- You get a high-end laptop, extra monitors, keyboards, mice, and the best software.
- A friendly atmosphere.
- Group health benefits package.
- Discounts on our products.
- Regular social activities – we invite your suggestions!
- We pay at the top of market for top-performing talent.
- Compensation scaled to experience and skill set.
- 3 weeks of vacation.
Tired of the high cost of living in your current location? Come to Edmonton and help Levven change the world. We cover the cost of relocating to Edmonton.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Total compensation: $98,000.00 to $136,000.00/year