Are you the go-to person for Levven’s software team?
At Levven, we:
– Hold our actions and products to a high standard.
– Take care of our partners, colleagues, and customers with honesty and transparency.
– Promise to do all that we can to “make it right” from our users and our employees to our communities and our planet.
WHAT WE DO
Levven manufactures smart controls that lower the cost to build the home. Our core focus to give consumers more home for their money while conserving materials, energy, and money for the lifetime of the home.
You will be involved in designing and creating web services, cloud infrastructure, and storage systems for smart home IoT hardware and technology; contributing to the architecture of the mobile app backend; organizing code and dataflow. If you are keen on IoT, distributed systems, and backend development – you will fit right in.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
– Working with Dart and Flutter to build Levven’s next-gen mobile app.
– Working with IoT transport protocols and APIs, RPC, REST, WebSockets, and TLS.
– Working in Linux & Amazon AWS to deploy backend services and distributed systems.
– Providing thought leadership on privacy, security, API design, and scalability.
– Owning the availability of all early-stage software.
– Researching, owning, and delivering solutions.
– Interfacing and meshing with Levven’s embedded hardware and firmware engineers.
– Using git, branching, pull request, code review, trunk-based development.
– Reviewing peers’ code.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computing Science or Software Engineering.
• A keen interest or passion for smart home and Internet of Things (IoT).
• Excellent problem-solving skills as it relates to software developers.
• Experience building scalable software architectures.
NICE TO HAVES
– Experience in Dart, Golang, or Python
– Experience in TDD (test driven development).
– Knowledge of distributed systems.
– Knowledge of concurrency primitives and concurrent programming.
– Experience in event driven systems.
– Experience in Ops, or DevOps, using Linux platforms.
– Experience building, delivering, and operating web applications.
– Experience with Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
– Experience with Ansible playbooks.
– Flexibility around personal commitments.
– Options for working remotely.
– Group health benefits package.
– Discounts on our products.
– Regular social activities – we invite your suggestions!
– We pay at the top of market for top-performing talent.
• Relocation assistance may be available.